Toys R Us will begin going-out-of-business sales in February at eight stores in Texas slated to close in April.
The closures include:
- 801 Mesa Hills Dr., West El Paso
- 9730 Katy Freeway, Katy
- 170 E. Stacy Road, Allen
- 7730 N. MacArthur Blvd, Irving
- 420 E. Round Grove Rd., Lewisville
- 13710 Dallas Parkway, Dallas Galleria
- 1309 W. Pipeline Rd., Hurst
- 5800 Overton Ridge Blvd., Hulen
"The reinvention of our brands requires that we make tough decisions about our priorities and focus," Toys R Us CEO David Brandon said in a memo to customers in January. "The actions we are taking are necessary to give us the best chance to emerge from our bankruptcy proceedings as a more viable and competitive company."